Back in the day, I had a few conversations with Jyoti Mishra (aka White Town - mostly known for 'Your Woman'), he was very helpful when discussing the possibility of signing to EMI. In the end, against his advice, my band signed to the label and went on to have a Top 5 hit single. However, he was quite correct about a lot of the trappings and issues we would encounter. So, it was interesting to hear Gold Leaf's 'All My Time' and to read the influences included White Town.
Listening to the track, I could really hear the White Town approach coming through - the song has the same simple and clean arrangement. The vocals also use some of the same stylings, making the piece more interesting by applying subtle variations. 'All My Time' comes across really well, the bass and rhythm acts as the engine-room groove, with the synths and vocals providing the colour. I think Jyoti would be pleased to hear that his legacy is still having an influence on new music.
