I don't really know the original version of Naked And Alive by Milky Chance, but I do share their desire to go to Tokyo. Last time I was there it was a wonderful experience, going up to the 200th floor in the wrong skyscraper, meeting friends and seeing the much-missed Astro-B live in some crazy basement music house.
Regular readers will know that I don't review remixes very often, in general, I am not overly keen on them. I am more of a purest - give me the definitive version of a track, not something that's had the Halford treatment and been tinkered with to make it seem "fresh". However, as I am not aware of the original version, I can let Samstone's remix slip through as I can hear the merits of a dancefloor styling.
Samstone gives 'Naked And Alive' a high-octane makeover, combining a summer vibe guitar with an infectious drum and bass engine. The result is snazzy, energetic and noticeably radio-friendly treatment, retaining a commercial light feel that keeps it accessible. There’s plenty of momentum here, with the remix providing a full-throttle lift without overwhelming the song’s melodic appeal.
Following his rework of The Cardigans’ ‘My Favourite Game’, Samstone is clearly becoming adept at turning familiar material into DnB-friendly anthems. A good tune for driving along coastal roads in the sunshine.
LINK: milkychance
Following his rework of The Cardigans’ ‘My Favourite Game’, Samstone is clearly becoming adept at turning familiar material into DnB-friendly anthems. A good tune for driving along coastal roads in the sunshine.
LINK: milkychance
