Anyone remember The Cult? They were rather good in their time and also pretty noisy. I'm sure there are a few members of the band who might now suffer with hearing issues after being amongst all that rock loudness. I doubt that's why The Ghostly Pulse has written a new song called 'Deaf Inside The Cult', but one never knows?
It turns out that this dark electronic post-punk track explores tribalism, isolation and the slow erosion of identity. The feeling is created with mechanical pulses, grinding synths and a brooding motif creating an ominous sense of ritual and breakdown. The constant rhythmic hook gives the song its backbone, while Nik Nova's expressive, soulful vocals add emotional weight to the theme of belonging becoming submission.
Mid-tempo and fairly linear, it steadily builds its darkwave tension without wandering too far from its central idea. The warped pop substructure keeps things accessible, while the trip-hop and Goth Rock influences place The Ghostly Pulse somewhere between cinematic atmosphere and underground electronica. “I gotta break outside” feels like the inevitable conclusion.
LINK: theghostlypulse
