There's a lot of debate going on at the moment about AI and its threat to humanity. Inevitably, much like the songs being written during the covid era, what's topical starts to filter down within new recordings - that's the case with DemoDiva's new release 'Monster'.
Based in the US, independent songwriter, producer and publisher DemoDiva brings an old-school electro-pop feel to the subject matter, wrapping a serious warning in surprisingly soft and calm female vocals. The lyrics paint AI as both servant and master, with lines about feeding the “Monster” our thoughts before admitting, “I can’t control Monster / And what I’ve made of him.”
There’s a nicely understated menace beneath the catchy synth-driven surface, making the dystopian message all the more effective. Thought-provoking without sacrificing its pop appeal, this is a warning which does not resort to scaremongering.
Based in the US, independent songwriter, producer and publisher DemoDiva brings an old-school electro-pop feel to the subject matter, wrapping a serious warning in surprisingly soft and calm female vocals. The lyrics paint AI as both servant and master, with lines about feeding the “Monster” our thoughts before admitting, “I can’t control Monster / And what I’ve made of him.”
There’s a nicely understated menace beneath the catchy synth-driven surface, making the dystopian message all the more effective. Thought-provoking without sacrificing its pop appeal, this is a warning which does not resort to scaremongering.
