From memory, I think this is the third single by Berlin trio, Dina Summer, that I have recommended. That's possibly the most tracks I have reviewed from any one band, making them top of the synth-pops when it comes to this blog.
Their new recording 'Burning Heart' is a classy affair with smooth, sensual vocals blended lovingly amongst the shadowy electronics. The song explores the intoxicating pull of an intense, one-sided romance, with the singer urging her lover to "cross the line" and return her feelings.
There's a superbly rounded feel to the track with a 80s pop/dance production shining a light on the immediate catchiness the song conveys - the atmosphere might be dark, but there's real lift with the melody and deftness of the arrangement. Another winning tune as far as I'm concerned.
'Burning Heart' is taken from the band's Children of the Night mini album, due out Oct 9 via Iptamenos Discos.
