Righty-ho! Gird your loins for a recording which might not be to everyone's taste - this one is a bit of a marmite track. 'Ghost Debt' by Nero's Day At Disneyland is quite a sonic onslaught and even I am struggling to find the words to describe it.
I suppose it is like glitch meets witch house? Much like a ride on an madly malfunctioning Ghost Train; you get all the percussive chaos of pots and pans cluttering and electronic twitching, combined with the spooky, banshee wailing. At times, I am not sure if you veer off into the Haunted House or down the rapids of the Tunnel of Love, but the result is two and a half minutes of mayhem and hilarity.
Los Angeles electronic producer Lauren Bousfield, aka Nero’s Day at Disneyland, has been making boundary-pushing experimental music since the project’s cult-favourite 2009 album 'From Rotting Fantasylands'. Alongside her solo work and collaborations, Bousfield has also worked as a composer, arranger and sound designer for film, TV and video games. After a remarkable 17-year hiatus, Nero’s Day at Disneyland returns with Grand Reopening, the first release since 2009.
All I can say is that I'm fully on-board with this track. I would suggest that you should also buy a ticket - and pay your due respects.