Skip to main content

The Horn - Beautiful Lie


Next I have the new platter from The Horn. Let's first address the elephant in the room, the band name. I'm just not sure that it is a wise choice? There's too much of a snigger opportunity to be had – however – I have been involved in some of the worst band names ever, so I cannot really preach. Anyway, ignore the connotations, I'm sure there's a good reason. On with the review...

“Beautiful Lie” finds the London five-piece in a softer, more cinematic mood, with a softly performed vocal floating through tinkling keyboards, subtle embellishments and sweeping orchestral layers. Tremulous ’60s-style guitars add a dreamy, nostalgic glow, while the lavish Danton Supple production gives everything plenty of room to breathe. It’s a fairly linear affair, notably resisting the temptation of a grandiose chorus, but that restraint suits its hazy, golden-hour mood rather nicely.

The single is taken from The Horn’s forthcoming album ‘Catalyst’, due for release in October.

LINK: The Horn